The Rating Scale Breakdown:
- 0 – 0.5 – Abysmal
- 1.0 – 1.5 – Terrible
- 2.0 – 2.5 – Poor
- 3.0 – 3.5 - Average
- 4.0 – 4.5 – Great
- 5.0 – Excellent
- Undetermined - Too soon to tell or lacking evidence to provide a solid answer
- Not Tested – Has yet to be requested or there is some limitations to prevent accurate test results
- N/A – Not Available and or Not Applicable to this program
V. 6.5 C – IObit Malware Fighter Pro Review Template + Windows 8 Tested
Price: $19.95 USD/CAD
A. Installation IObit Malware Fighter - 5.0 “Excellent” – Fast, Safe and Simple. With absolutely no issues in any of my tests
B. Un-installing IObit Malware Fighter – 5.0 “Excellent” – Fast, Safe and Simple. With absolutely no issues in any of our tests
C. Stability Of Program – 5.0 “Excellent” – The issues I had with the previous version of IObit Malware Fighter has been patched. So we are all good now and 100% stable at least from our tests.
D. Detection Rate Test:
D1. Windows XP - 4.0 “Good“
D2. Windows Vista -4.0 “Good“
D3. Windows 7 -4.0 “Good“
D4. Windows 8 -4.0 “Good“
E. Speed of Scan - 5.0 “Excellent“ – Scan times for me came to nearly 1 hour after scanning about 2.5TB of data.
EE. Types Of Different Scans Available - 3.5 “Average” – Program features 3 different scan types, which are Smart Scan (scans the most critical parts of the system), Full Scan (scans your entire system, including all of your files/folders), and Custom Scan (allows the user to choose which files, folders or section of the PC you want the program to scan).
F. Update Process - 3.5 “Average” – The Pro version of this program features automatic updates – unlike the freeware version, which only has manual updates.
G. Scan Logs –2.0 “Poor“ – The scan logs are really hard to find. I find the scan logs are super hard to read understand, But unfortunately, what stops this from getting a higher score. Is due to the process log which is rather hard to understand and rather messy, with no real user friendly-way of reading / understanding it.
1. Start-up Guard – 3.5 “Average” – It’s very basic, and requires no work at all. It has scanned and found nothing.
2. Browser Guard - 3.5 “Average” – Works very well, and has scanned a few items, with no detection’s found so far.
3. Network Guard - 3.5 “Average” – It has found no detection’s on my network. Seems to do it’s job.
4. File Guard - 3.5 “Average” – Works pretty well, and has found no detection’s so far.
5. Cookie Guard - 3.5 “Average” – Like the rest in this section, it is very simple and perfect for the basic PC user, with no detection’s found thus far.
6. Process Guard – 3.5 “Average” – Also very simple, basic, and requires very little work. It’s found nothing thus far.
7. USB Disk Guard – 4.5 “Great” – Most of my files are secured on a 500 GB external hard drive or my many 8 to 32 gig USB flash sticks. That is connected to my Windows Vista desktop (On a mass rotation depending on what I am doing) and after scanning through all my USB drives and IObit Malware Fighter found some infected files. That I had put on a random USB stick to test this feature out. So it does it’s job very well.
8. Malicious Action Guard - 3.5 “Average” – Very basic and requires very little, or no work at all. It has alerted me to a number of registry changes.
H. Cloud Support - 3.0 “Average“ - I don’t think this is a good idea at all. That you can view the number of safe files and threats that IObit has found, and then that information is streamed over the cloud to your IObit Malware Fighter. Plus you can even join in and upload your own scan logs to the cloud on IObit’s servers, which allows everyone and not just IObit, but also other users to see what is safe and a threat via a percentage bar in green and red. I wouldn’t recommend using this feature for the security of your own PC’s sake.
I. IObit Support – 4.0 “Great“ - Just like in the Freeware version of the program, you have their “Virtual Technical Support” or “Community Forum“. But with the paid version you also get Online Support.
My Overall Score: 81/105
77.1 % = B +
My Final Verdict: IObit Malware Fighter Pro. Is a very simplistic program. Which is actually works in its favour. There are still no real out features (As of yet). IObit Malware Fighter preforms on almost every level as well as it’s competition.
Although there are three different scan levels to this program, it is recommended that you just stick to the Smart Scanning method and allow the program to run in the background while you get on with other daily tasks. All of the IObit Malware Fighter features such as Start-up Guard, Browser Guard, Network Guard, File Guard and Cookie Guard also work well and require no work on your behalf. As long as you keep the program running and definitions updated.
Important Program Side Note: IObit has decided to add this program to their already full freeware suite. Via their ACTION CENTER. Which you may have already noticed has now fully swallowed all but one of their freeware programs. And now has become their new UI (User Interface) for most IObit programs. Other then IObit Uninstaller. To tell you I am unhappy with this new development is an epic understatement. I hate having programs I want mate with programs, I don’t want. Just for the fact that they are made by the same company.
I much rather not have Advanced System Care Free at all on my computer. Instead I am forced by their new freeware suite. That sort of beats you over the head to have it installed and updated or face a more then annoying LARGE RED error message notice to “FIX ALL PROBLEMS/ERRORS“.
Here is a link to download IObit Malware Fighter Pro:
1. http://www.iobit.com/malware-fighter-pro.html (IObit Malware Fighter Download Section)
Till The Next Review,