The Rating Scale Breakdown:
- 0 – 0.5 – Abysmal
- 1.0 – 1.5 – Terrible
- 2.0 – 2.5 – Poor
- 3.0 – 3.5 – Average
- 4.0 – 4.5 – Great
- 5.0 – Excellent
- Undetermined – Too soon to tell or lacking evidence to provide a solid answer
- Not Tested – Has yet to be requested or there is some limitations to prevent accurate test results
- N/A – Not Available and or Not Applicable to this program
A. Cost: $99.95 for Full License. The Retail Disc Version Costs a further $10.00 to ship worldwide. On top of that, if you buy 2 Licenses then you’ll save 7%, if you buy 5 Licenses then you’ll save 15%, and if you buy 10 Licenses then you’ll save 22%.
AA. What Formats Can The Program Open And What Can It Convert To ? – Well, the program can open PDF Files and .TXT Files. It can convert them into Excel, Word, CSV Spreadsheet’s, PowerPoint, Publisher, Open Office Documents, HTML, and Image files in BMP, JPG, JPEG, JPE, JIF, JFIF, JFI, PNG, GIF, TIF, and TIFF.
It can also do batch conversions and convert multiple PDF files at the same time to any format listed above, and it also allows users to convert PDF files to an AutoCAD format, which we didn’t test. On top of that, you can also import other files, such as text files, Word files and more, and then convert them into PDF files.
AAA. Is The Program Worth The Price ? – 3.0 “Average” – Well, yes, it’s cheaper than Able2Extract PDF Converter and comes with all of the same features too. If you want the ability to convert PDF text/image documents into a word document, HTML format, PowerPoint, or as simple picture files then you will be a happy chappy with the program itself. In our opinion, the program, as well as all PDF Programs, need to be cheaper really.
B. Installation PDF Converter Elite 5 for Windows – 5.0 “Excellent“ – Fast, Safe and Simple
BB. Un-installing PDF Converter Elite 5 for Windows – 5.0 “Excellent“ – Fast, Safe and Simple
C . Stability Of Program – 4.5 “Great” – It was extremely stable and has never locked up or crash on me yet. Every conversion was very stable and never gave the program or my system any issues.
1. Ease Of Use – 4.5 “Great” – Literally, the easiest conversion programs I have ever had the pleasure of using. It’s just as easy to use as Able2Extract 11.0.2, which we reviewed earlier this week. It has the simplest layout, conversion format and options available in a program. Everything is extremely easy to work out, and it becomes very easy to use within a matter of seconds.
1A. Interface – 4.5 “Great” – Strictly an accessible professional interface layout, with not too many options to confuse and disorientate users. Everything is located on the toolbar at the top of the program or in the menus above them, and shows a very tidy, professional and effective lay out. It also very easy to see, choose and customize conversion options.
1B. Start-Up – 4.5 “Great” – Starting up the program from a cold start is great, as there is no lag or hanging or waiting, as it loads within 2-3 seconds of clicking the button to start it up.
2. Quality Of PDF Conversions – 4.5 “Great” – A very fast PDF converter, depending on what you convert. We performed multiple tests in which we converted three different PDF files into every available conversion format, that we listed above. Each conversion took between 1-3 minutes.
2A. Text/Image PDF File – 4.5 “Great” – We converted PDF files that consisted of both text and images (screengrabs), which were between 20 and 100 pages long. Every conversion was perfect and displayed every image and piece of text in the correct format and layout, but unfortunately, with the PowerPoint format, the text ran off of the document to the right, meaning that text was lost in the conversion. Meanwhile, the conversions to Excel, Open Office and Publisher all translated over quite well, with just the minor issues, like images and text not looking quite right in terms of size to each other, but that might have been our own personal preferences really.
The other formats were HTML and Image files, such as JPG, PNG, BMP, GIF and TIFF. With the HTML format, it compiled all of the converted images on to separate html files, then it created an html file that you can name yourself, so that you could browse through each slide in a browser like a PowerPoint presentation, and while this option works on Mozilla Firefox, while both online and offline, it only works on Google Chrome when you are online, but doesn’t work in an offline mode.
When if comes to the image formats, All of them open up perfectly in Microsoft Paint and look identical, but in some other programs I use, the TIFF file won’t open (which is my own fault because the program doesn’t accept TIFF files) and in the same program, the BMP image comes out yellow, while it is fine in Paint.
2B. Progress Or Percentage (%) Bar – 4.0 “Great” – Yes, on all PDF file conversions, the program will provide you with a progress bar, but the problem is that all of the PDF files we used, and while the percentage bar was shown clean and clear, alongside the progress bar, it was small and could be hard to see for those who don’t have perfect vision.
3. Updating – 2.0 “Poor” – There is an update function in this program, but it only pops up when you open the program. There is no update button if you close the tab and continue to use the program, meaning that you’ll have to close the program and re-open it again. Also, when you do click the button to update the program, it takes you their site to download a new .EXE file, and even then, you have to uninstall the version of the program installed on your computer before you can install the newly updated .EXE file that you just downloaded. It’s not very efficient really,
4. Running Other Programs At The Same Time – 4.5 “Great” – Yes, no matter if your converting PDF file, checking directories, you can still use other programs, but beware that ALL PDF converting programs will take up some of your computers processing power, and the Able2Extract PDF Converter for Windows is no exception.
5. Leaving The Program Running With Little Or No Issue – 4.5 “Great” – You definitely can, you can leave the program to convert PDF files while you get on with other things on your computer, but all file conversion programs are dependent on your computers CPU power, so running other programs will slow down PDF conversions. The best thing is to just let Able2Extract PDF Converter for Windows use all of your CPU power to convert the files as quickly as possible and go blink your eyes in the meantime, because once you’re done, the conversion will be finished.
My Overall Score: 55 / 60
91.6 % = A+
My Final Verdict – PDF Converter Elite 5 for Windows is very easy to use once, and is not confusing for first time users. This means the layout and interface is very professional, and doesn’t need to be changed. It basically gives you ability to convert PDF files into Microsoft Office documents, such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint. It also allows PDF files to be converted to HTML files, and images, including PNG, BMP, JPG, GIF and TIFF. The program is safe to use for all users regardless of background knowledge and file converting experience. PDF Converter Elite 5 for Windows will need a new update at some point to fix the horrible issues surrounding updating the program, because to uninstall it everytime to re-install a newer version is not practical in today’s world. It needs to be done seamlessly like how Skype does it, which updates automatically when you open it, and, usually, doesn’t require a fresh EXE file to be downloaded and then installed.
1. http://www.pdfconverter.com/downloads/ (PDF Converter Elite 5 for Windows Main Download Page)
Till The Next Review,