PlayStation® App (3.20.0)
Cost Of App: Free (Google Play App Store)
Is there a paid upgrade option ?: No
App Description: (See Below)
STAY IN THE GAME
Take your PlayStation® experience with you on your mobile device with the new PlayStation®App! Always be ready to game with features that keep you connected to your gaming friends and the games you love to play. Push games from PlayStation®Store to your PS4™ system and be ready to game at home.
With the PlayStation®App installed on your mobile device, you can:
– See what your friends are playing, compare trophies, and view your profile or recent activity.
– Chat with your friends; receive notifications, game alerts, and invitations, and then use your mobile device as an on-screen keyboard for your PS4™ system.
– Browse PlayStation®Store, pick-up the latest hit games and add-ons, and then push them to your PS4™ system so they are ready when you get home.
– Take advantage of the in-app second-screen features, when available, for greater challenges and control.
– Quickly access PlayStation® system guides, manuals, and PlayStation.Blog.
A Sony Entertainment Network account and PS4™ system are required to use all of this application’s features.
Use of this app is governed by the license agreement at the following URL: （http://www.scei.co.jp/legal/index.html）.
Are there in App ads ?: No, not really just Playstation Store reminders of what is available.
A. Ease Of Use: 4/5 – Very easy to use. But there are a lot of features in this app that packs a serious punch.
B. Security: Moderate impact to smart phone or tablet security. Due to your Playstation account info on display and also your Playstation Store or Wallet is available with in this app. Just need to click on the store or settings tile. But you can ask the app not to remember you log-in info.
C. Usefulness: 4/5 – I love it. I check my trophies on it all the time. Thou so far I have not really browsed the store or changed my setting. But that’s because Both my tablet and my smart phone screen size is way smaller then desktop screen. So it makes way more sense just to use my desktop.
D. Tablet Slowdown: Some small lag at first. Also I noticed lag during most of the key functions but nothing that I would say breaks the app or is unduly long.
E. Type Of User I Would Recommend To Use This App: Anyone who wants their Playstation dashboard in the palm of their hand. Without the hassle of loading up your PSN/SEN Account on your PS3 , PS4 or PS Vita.
Till The Next Review,