Skype – free IM & video calls (184.108.40.2060)
Cost Of App: Free (Google Play App Store)
Is there a paid upgrade option ?: No
App Description: (See Below)
Say “hello” to friends and family with an instant message, voice or video call on Skype for free. Join the millions of people using Skype today to stay in touch with the people who matter most. There’s so much you can do, right from the palm of your hand.
• Find all your friends and family in an instant – With over 250 million people using Skype, you’re bound to bump into someone you know.
• Talk with your fingers – No matter where you are, your friends are always at your fingertips with free instant messaging.
• Call your world from Skype – Talk to your heart’s content with free voice and video calls to all your friends and family on Skype.
• Low cost calls to mobiles and landlines too – Keep in touch, even if they’re not on Skype, with low cost calls and SMS to mobiles and landlines on the other side of town or the world.
• Share your favourite snaps – Got a favourite photo to share? Send it over Skype to friends and family and you won’t have to worry about email size limits or expensive MMS charges.
• Chat with anyone, anywhere – Skype’s available on smartphones, tablets, PCs, Macs, and even TVs. Whatever device your friends or family use, Skype just works. Simple.
• Video messaging – Record life’s everyday moments and share them with the people who matter most, with free and unlimited video messaging over Skype.
* Operator data charges may apply. We recommend using an unlimited data plan or WiFi connection.
Are there in App ads ?: Not that I noticed
A. Ease Of Use: 5/5 – Very straight forward. If you have ever used Skype before this is not gonna be a shock to your system. If you have not used Skype before ! Where have you been ?
B. Security: The only real big issues I can see. Is that you decide to use an unsecured Wi-Fi connection or if you accept a file transfer or click on a rouge link. But other then that enjoy the mostly free voice and video chat. (The latter would be based on your device you are running Skype on.
C. Usefulness: 5/5 – Only really useful if you intend to use it. If not it is just taking up space on your phone or tablet. But if you do decide to use it you won’t be sorry. Unless of course your planning on doing some risk-key video chats.
D. Smart phone Slowdown: There is a little lag on older Android devices.
E. Tablet Slowdown: No lag, that I noticed.
f. Type Of User I Would Recommend To Use This App: Anyone who wants to keep in touch with family and friends. Or if your work for a company that uses Skype as a method to bring your team together for meetings. Then this app is a no brainier.
Till The Next Review,