Cost Of App: Free (Google Play App Store)
Is there a paid upgrade option ?: Yes
App Description: (See Below)
Manage your Android devices on the web, all over the air.
– No USB cable required.
– No driver installation required.
– Same WiFi network or Internet.
– Pure web app, works on Windows, Mac, Chromebook and Linux.
Simply install AirDroid on your Android and you’ll be able to enjoy the following features on your computer at web.airdroid.com:
– SMS: send and receive individual or group messages.
– Apps: Import and export .apk files.
– Files: Manage files on Android and transferring files between Android and computer.
– Photos: View and manage photos on Android and transferring photos between Android and computer.
– Music & Videos: Play and manage music & videos on Android and transferring them between Android and computer.
– Ringtones: Set music as ringtone and export any ringtone.
– Contacts: View and edit all the contacts.
– Screenshot: View the real time screen of Android devices, take static screenshots. (root required)
– Camera: See through the lens of both front and back camera, also supports flashlight.
– URL: Push url to Android and open automatically open it with Android browser.
– Clipboard: Share clipboard content between Android and computer.
There are also some very useful features on the Android client, including WiFi tethering, file manager, task manager, etc.
– One less cable.
You should be able to connect different devices wirelessly, without the hassles of USB cables.
– One less screen.
You should be able to work or play with one screen, without being distracted by other screens.
– One less worry.
You should be able to locate your Android devices any time, any where, and wipe all personal data if it’s lost.
– PCWorld: “This app allows you to take complete control of your Android device via your computer’s Web browser.”
– Gizmodo: “I’m sending text SMS messages from my Android phone via my browser. I can’t stress how great that is.”
– Lifehacker: “It’s a remarkably comprehensive app, operates securely, and is a free download.”
– Android Police: “It’s all the little things, the things that make AirDroid a joy to use, which make it the app of the year.”
Help,feedback and news:
Help Center: http://help.airdroid.com/
Thanks to our enthusiastic users around the world, AirDroid is speaking and learning new languages everyday: https://crowdin.net/project/airdroid
Are there in App ads ?: No
A. Ease Of Use: 3.5/5 – Not easy at first. But once you set it up your doing things with ease and grace. There is a learning curve, but it is not as steep as one might think.
B. Security: Well you are remotely using your tablet via Wi-Fi. So there is some risk that hacker could get into your deeper tablet software and damage it. Otherwise, I would say it is pretty safe and fun to use. As my Nexus 7 does not have the best UI (User Interface)
C. Usefulness: 3/5 – Once you get over the initial hump this app can be quite useful. But this app is also very limited by your wi-fi and how you have your desktop or laptop setup. Also usefulness can also vary greatly by the size of you screen. The perfect example is having the Nexus 7 and using this app to pump it up to my 22 inc monitor. AirDroid also has a killer UI (User Interface). It sort of looks more towards a Mac. Then a Windows PC.
D. Smart phone Slowdown: A little lag.
E. Tablet Slow Down: A little lag.
F. Type Of User I Would Recommend To Use This App: Anyone who wants a very easy and simple user Interface and rather use their tablet remotely (via PC/Desktop). Then this app is right up your ally. I sure found it easier to find my files and apps on my Nexus 7.
Till The Next Review,