Name: Auslogics Disk Defrag Free
AA. Cost: Free
BB. Is Auslogic Disk Defrag Worth The Download ?: Yes, it is.
1. Ease Of Use – Super simple. There are basically 4 options Analyze , Defrag and Defrag & Optimize and Quick Defrag.
1A. Interface - I would hazard a guess at saying that this interface is idiot proof.
2. Quality Of Scan – Really fast, but often a little over inflated fragmentation rates wise.
2A. Speed Of Scan – Regular scan time for a 500 gig hard drive ranges anywhere from under 5 mins to around 2 hrs. The time it takes to defrag your hard drive. Does vastly depend on how fragmented your hard drive is. And your system stats.
2B. Ease Of Reading The Final Report: Harder then one might expect.
3. Updating – When you check to see if there is an update. It will bring you to the Auslogic Disk Defrag website. Where if there is an update available. It will be a highlight in blue. You can then click on the link to download said new version and then install it to your PC.
4. Can You Run Other Programs During A Scan ? Yes
4A. Can You Run A Programs During An Update ? Yes
5. Is There A Progress Bar ? Yes
6. Can You Leave Auslogic Disk Defrag Running Without Issue ? Yes
7. Is There Adware Or Spyware Bundled With Auslogic Disk Defrag ? Yes, there is an optional toolbar. You can opt-out of.
8. Is Auslogic Disk Defrag Stable ? Yes
I give Auslogics Disk Defrag Free an overall score of 3.5 out of 5 - Auslogic Disk Defrag Free is a good Disk Defrag program. But no where near the best. Auslogic Disk Defrag Free can offers up whole number percentages such as 1% hard drive fragmentation rate. While other disk defragger programs can offer up a little more accurate read-outs to the last percentage point. (Such as a read out of 1.55% overall disk fragmentation rate)
Auslogic also seems to always round up the nearest whole percentage. Which often over inflates the need to defrag your hard drive.
Link to Download Auslogics Disk Defrag Free: http://www.auslogics.com/en/software/disk-defrag/download/
Till The Next Review,