The Rating Scale Breakdown:
- 0 – 0.5 – Abysmal
- 1.0 – 1.5 – Terrible
- 2.0 – 2.5 – Poor
- 3.0 – 3.5 – Average
- 4.0 – 4.5 – Great
- 5.0 - Excellent
- Undetermined – Too soon to tell or lacking evidence to provide a solid answer
- Not Tested – Has yet to be requested or there is some limitations to prevent accurate test results
- N/A – Not Available and or Not Applicable to this program
V. 6.0 A - “iSkysoft PDF Converter for Windows Review Template
A. Cost: $59.95
AA. Is The Program Worth The Price ? – 2.0 “Poor” – Well, yes and no. If you want the ability to convert PDF text/image documents into a word document, html format, powerpoint, or as simple picture files then you will be a happy chappy with the program itself, but it’s definitely not worth the price point.
B. Installation iSkysoft PDF Converter for Windows – 5.0 “Excellent“ – Fast, Safe and Simple
BB. Un-installing iSkysoft PDF Converter for Windows – 5.0 “Excellent“ – Fast, Safe and Simple
C . Stability Of Program – 4.0 “Great” – Mostly, except for that lockup and crash at the end of those two format conversions to both BMP and TIFF images mentioned earlier. The program is very stable during conversions, but just locks up at the end of the file conversions, so this issue needs to be sorted ASAP to make it 100% stable. For now, we’d place the stability of the program at 93%.
1. Ease Of Use – 4.5 “Great” – Literally, the easiest conversion programs I have ever had the pleasure of using. It has the simplest layout, conversion format and options available in a program. Everything is extremely easy to work out, and it becomes very easy to use within a matter of seconds.
1A. Interface – 4.5 “Great” – Strictly an accessible professional interface layout, with not too many options to confuse and disorientate users. Very, very tidy, with everything laid out very effectively, and easy to see, choose and customize conversion options.
1B. Start-Up – 4.5 “Great” – Starting up the program from a cold start is great, as there is no lag or hanging or waiting, but if you close this program done and then boot it back up, then there can be up to a five second delay between clicking on the button and the program appearing. This needs sorting.
2. Quality Of PDF Conversions – 4.0 “Great” – A very fast PDF converter, depending on what you convert, and we performed two separate tests in which we converted two different PDF files into every available conversion format.
2A. Text/Image PDF File – 3.5 “Average” – We converted a PDF file that consisted of both text and images (screengrabs), which was 94 pages long, and another PDF file that had images and text, consisting of 11 pages. Each PDF file we converted to a compatible word (.docx) file, a powerpoint (.pptx) file, an excel (.xlsx) file, and all three formats were converted within 4 minutes. The Word document was perfect and displayed every image and piece of text in the correct format and layout, and while the PowerPoint format was converted correctly, the text ran off of the document to the right, meaning that text was lost in the conversion. Meanwhile, for the Excel option, the PDF file didn’t convert at all, as it failed immediately, and it gave me no results.
The other formats were HTML and Image files, such as JPG, PNG, BMP, GIF and TIFF. With the HTML format, it compiled all of the converted images on to separate html files, then it created an index.html file so that you could browse through each slide in a browser like a powerpoint presentation, and while this option works on Mozilla Firefox, while both online and offline, it only works on Google Chrome when you are online, but doesn’t work in an offline mode.
When if comes to the image formats, the BMP and PNG formats provided the best results as each outputted file was complete, and all of the assets related to each screengrab was kept in each individual file, but in the JPG, GIF and TIFF formats, the assets from eahc screengrab were saved as separate images and then all of those assets were pulled together to create a complete image for each screengrab. It’s not very practical unless you want individual pieces of text or artwork for future projects. Also, while converting to both the BMP and TIFF formats, the program crashed on me once the conversion had been completed.
2B. Progress Or Percentage (%) Bar – 4.5 “Great” – Yes, on all PDF file conversions, the program will provide you with a progress bar, but it doesn’t provide average time frame for how long the files will take to convert.
3. Updating – 4.5 “Great” – The update button is found in the top right corner by the close program (X) button and the minimize button. It’s in a drop box (along with other options) and is called “Check for Updates”, which when you press it links you to the servers for the program and updates it accordingly. The only problem is that updating needs to be done manually, which can be a pain in this ever connected internet world.
4. Running Other Programs At The Same Time – 4.5 “Great” – Yes, no matter if your converting PDF file, checking directories, you can still use other programs, but beware that ALL PDF converting programs will take up some of your computers processing power, and the PDF Converter for Windows is no exception.
4A. Running Other Programs During The Update Process - 4.5 “Great” – Yes, if you’re updating the PDF Converter for Windows, then you can still use other programs, without any slowdown.
5. Leaving The Program Running With Little Or No Issue – 4.5 “Great” – You definitely can, you can leave the program to convert PDF files while you get on with other things on your computer, but all file conversion programs are dependent on your computers CPU power, so running other programs will slow down PDF conversions. The best thing is to just let PDF Converter for Windows use all of your CPU power to convert the files as quickly as possible and go get yourself something to eat and drink in the meantime, luckily being an PDF Converter, this program WILL take up less CPU power than other programs.
My Overall Score: 59.5 / 70
85.0 % = A
My Final Verdict – iSkysoft PDF Converter for Windows is very easy to use once, and is not confusing for first time users, this means the layout and interface is very professional, and doesn’t need to be changed. It basically gives you ability to convert PDF files into Microsoft Office documents, such as Word, Excel and Powerpoint. It also allows PDF files to be converted ot HTML files, and images, including PNG, BMP, JPG, GIF and TIFF. The program is safe to use for all users regardless of background knowledge and file converting experience. iSkysoft PDF Converter for Windows may need some updates to improve the stability, but it’s still a very professional and easy to use program, and we’d recommend that they change the update process so that it’s easier to find and easier to use. We’d easily recommend this for text/image documents but not purely image based files.
1. http://www.iskysoft.com/pdf-converter-windows.html (iSkysoft’s PDF Converter for Windows Main Download Page)
Till The Next Review,