The Rating Scale Breakdown:
- 0 – 0.5 – Abysmal
- 1.0 – 1.5 – Terrible
- 2.0 – 2.5 – Poor
- 3.0 – 3.5 – Average
- 4.0 – 4.5 – Great
- 5.0 – Excellent
- Undetermined – Too soon to tell or lacking evidence to provide a solid answer
- Not Tested – Has yet to be requested or there is some limitations to prevent accurate test results
- N/A – Not Available and or Not Applicable to this program
V. 3.0 C – IObit Malware Fighter Freeware Review Template
A. Installation IObit Malware Fighter – 5.0 “Excellent” – Fast, Safe and Simple. With absolutely no issues in any of my tests
B. Un-installing IObit Malware Fighter – 5.0 “Excellent“ – Fast, Safe and simple with 100% full software removal.
C. Stability Of Program – 5.0 “Excellent” – The issues I had with the previous version of IObit Malware Fighter has been patched. So we are all good now and 100% stable at least from our tests.
D. Detection Rate Test:
D1. Windows XP – 3.5 “Average”
D2. Windows Vista – 3.5 “Average“
D3. Windows 7 – 3.5 “Average“
E. Speed of Scan – 5.0 “Excellent“ – Scan times run on average anywhere from under 10 mins with quick scan. And just under 1hr for a full system scan.
EE. Types Of Different Scans Available – 3.5 “Average” – There are 3 different scan types. But they are the same scan types as pretty much every other program in this category.(Smart Scan , Full Scan, Custom Scan)
F.Update Process – 2.5 “Poor“ – Needs to be manually updated. But what gets me is the fact that there are only a max of 3 definition updates a week. This is just plain unacceptable to me for any type of security software. Even in the paid version you only get 3 definition updates as well.
G. Scan Logs – 3.5 “Average” – The scan logs could be easier to find with an easy to see button. (Other then that minor issue). I find the scan logs super easy to read and understand, But unfortunately, what stops this from getting a higher score. Is due to the process log which is rather hard to understand and rather messy, with no real user friendly-way of reading / understanding it.
1. Startup Guard – 3.5 “Average” – Very basic. So far only 2 detention.
2. Browser Guard – 3.5 “Average” – Very basic. So far only 2 detection.
3. Network Guard – 3.0 “Average” – Very basic. So far only no detection.
4. File Guard – 3.0 “Average” – Very basic. So far no detection.
5. Cookie Guard – 3.0 “Average” – Very simple and there for perfect for the basic PC user, with no detection found thus far.
6. Process Guard – N/A – Not available In Free version
7. USB Disk Guard – N/A – Not available In Free version
8. Malicious Action Guard – N/A – Not available In Free version
H. Cloud Support – 3.0 “Average“- I don’t think this is a good idea at all. That you can view the number of safe files and threats that IObit has found, and then that information is streamed over the cloud to your IObit Malware Fighter. Plus you can even join in and upload your own scan logs to the cloud on IObits servers, which allows everyone and not just IObit, but also other users to see what is safe and a threat via a percentage bar in green and red. I wouldn’t recommend using this feature for the security of your own PC’s sake.
My Overall Score: 62.5/80
78.1 % = B +
My Final Verdict: Malware Fighter Free. Is a very basic program with no real stand out features. That I can speak of. Malware Fighter preforms on almost every level as well as it’s competition. Except in its overall lack of daily definition updates. Again 3 definitions updates a week is very poor and it leaves the question open to me as to why ? Also how in the world can Malware Fighter be considered as an up to date program. That is ready to defend your computer. When there are new threats everyday. And yet only 3 definition updates a week.
But what Malware Fighter does have are some extra features over other freeware programs of this type. Malware Fighter has 5 active features / guards (Startup Guard, Browser Guard, Network Guard , File Guard and Cookie Guard) that are available and active even in its freeware version package.
That alone makes this Malware Fighter better off features wise then Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free. Which only really has manual update and a manual scan options.
But not better off then say SuperAntiSpyware or Spybot – Search & Destroy.
Here is 1 link to download IObit Malware Fighter Free:
1. http://www.iobit.com/malware-fighter.html (IObit Malware Fighter Download Section)
Till The Next Review,