The Rating Scale Breakdown:
- 0 – 0.5 – Abysmal
- 1.0 – 1.5 – Terrible
- 2.0 – 2.5 – Poor
- 3.0 – 3.5 – Average
- 4.0 – 4.5 – Great
- 5.0 – Excellent
- Undetermined – Too soon to tell or lacking evidence to provide a solid answer
- Not Tested – Has yet to be requested or there is some limitations to prevent accurate test results
- N/A – Not Available and or Not Applicable to this program
V. 3.0 D – IObit Malware Fighter Pro Review Template
Price: $19.95 USD (Original Price: $29.95 USD)
A. Installation IObit Malware Fighter – 4.0 “Great” – Pretty, fast, but seemed to drag at certain points, and I even thought it crashed at one point.
B. Un-installing IObit Malware Fighter – 4.0 “Great” – Safe, simple, seemed faster than the installation and removed the program 100% from my system.
C. Stability Of Program – 3.0 “Average” – Only received definition updates once every four days, and the program crashed on me once after I opened up the UI (User Interface).
D. Detection Rate Test:
D1. Windows XP – Not Tested
D2. Windows Vista – Not Tested
D3. Windows 7 (x64) – 3.0 “Average“
E. Speed of Scan – 3.5 “Average“ – Scan times for me ran to nearly two hours after scanning about 2.5TB of data.
EE. Types Of Different Scans Available – 3.5 “Average” – Program features 3 different scan types, which are Smart Scan (scans the most critical parts of the system), Full Scan (scans your entire system, including all of your files/folders), and Custom Scan (allows the user to choose which files, folders or section of the PC you want the program to scan).
F. Update Process – 3.0 “Average” – The Pro version of this program features automatic updates – unlike the free version, which only has manual updates – and when I tried to update the first time, I experienced conflict between the ability to update the program and what definitions were installed in the system, which seemed to lead to definition updates only being made available to me every four days. But they still downloaded and installed (eventually).
G. Scan Logs – 4.0 “Great” – The scan logs in the pro version are just as easy to find and navigate as in the free version, as they can be found via an easy to see button, and I found them really easy to read and understand, but unfortunately – which stops this getting a perfect 5.0 – I found the process log rather hard to understand and rather messy, with no real user friendly-way of understanding them..
1. Startup Guard – 3.0 “Average” – It’s very basic, and requires no work at all. It has scanned and found no detections.
2. Browser Guard – 3.5 “Average” – Works very well, and has scanned a few items, with no detections found so far.
3. Network Guard – 3.0 “Average” – It has found no detections on my network seems to do it’s job.
4. File Guard – 3.0 “Average” – Works pretty well, and has found no detections so far.
5. Cookie Guard – 3.5 “Average” – Like the rest in this section, it is very simple and perfect for the basic PC user, with no detections found so far.
6. Process Guard – 3.5 “Average” – Also very simple, basic, and requires very little work. It’s found no detections after one week.
7. USB Disk Guard – 3.5 “Average” – Most of my files are secured on a 2TB external hard drive that is connected to my Windows 7 64-bit system via USB and after scanning through it over the las tweak, it has found no detection, so it seems ot be doing it’s job well.
8. Malicious Action Guard – 3.5 “Average” – Veyr basic and requires very little, or no work at all. It has also found no detection, as of yet after one week.
H. Cloud Support – 3.0 “Average“- I don’t think this is a good idea at all. That you can view the number of safe files and threats that IObit has found, and then that information is streamed over the cloud to your IObit Malware Fighter. Plus you can even join in and upload your own scan logs to the cloud on IObits servers, which allows everyone and not just IObit, but also other users to see what is safe and a threat via a percentage bar in green and red. I wouldn’t recommend using this feature for the security of your own PC’s sake.
I. IObit Support – 4.0 “Great“ – Just like in the Freeware version of the program, you have their “Virtual Technical Support” or “Community Forum“. But with the paid version you also get Online Support.
My Overall Score: 61.5/90
68.3 % = C +
My Final Verdict: IObit Malware Fighter Pro Edition is an effective program, but after the deletion of certain program from my system (which is probably a bug in the program dealing with 64 bit operating systems) on my first scan , I became quite dubious of it, and the full scan took nearly two hours to get through 2.5TB of data on my system and my external HDD, but luckily it detected no errors or problems on my system, which was good. The update process seems fairly easy to use too, and is automatic (for the most part) although the definition updates were only made available to me once every four days, when we were told that updates happen daily, which really didn’t happen.
Although there are three different scan levels to this program, it is recommended that you just stick to the Full Scan and allow the program to run in the background while you get on with other things. All of the little features like Startup Guard, Browser Guard, Network Guard, File Guard and Cookie Guard also work well and require no work as long as you keep the program and definitions updated, and are welcome additions over over programs of it’s type.
I never really cared for cloud saving before using this program and after using it, I can say that I still don’t like cloud saving as it invites far too many loopholes and ways for people to learn about you, your system and what you do in your life, and should be removed from this program. If you just want to keep your PC secure from issues then just go with the free version, but if you want to do more (and maybe invite people through via the cloud) then the pro version is for you, but I’d definately not recommend it, and instead say that you should use SuperAntiSpyware instead.
Here is a link to download IObit Malware Fighter Pro:
1. http://www.iobit.com/malware-fighter-pro.html (IObit Malware Fighter Download Section)
Till The Next Review,