Hello everyone….. Today I’m going to be covering how to make a really strong password. This will be my first of the new Re-Vamped And Re-Launched features. That you guys have been asking us to re-post and update.
PEOPLE PLEASE DON’T MAKE IT EASY TO FALL VICTIM TO GETTING YOUR ACCOUNTS HACKED. JUST FOLLOW THESE SIMPLE TIPS FOR MAKING A REALLY STRONG PASSWORD.
1. No Names (Family name, Pet names, Friends names, Nick names)
2. Don’t use the same password for more then 1 account you have online
3. Use upper case, lower case, numbers and symbol combinations
4. Make sure there is at least 2 number somewhere in your password (Most sites will make you do this regardless)
5. Make sure the password is as long as possible, more then 8 characters long is highly recommended
6. Try not to use auto-complete provided by Firefox or Internet Explorer. Unless you have a really hard MASTER PASSWORD in place.
7. Don’t put all your faith in anyone websites PASSWORD STRENGTH METER. They are often just suggestions and not actually always accurate to the a passwords hack-ability.
8. Never post your password or passwords next to your computer.
8A. Never place a password in a really obvious place that would make it look like a computer related password. (For instance where you store your PC games or on the side of your computer)
9. Try never to directly connect more then one account together (E-mail, Bank, Social network accounts)
10. The more important the account to you. The more difficult the password should be.
11. Just because it is the easiest thing to do, Like auto-save your credit card information or online passwords.
*Think about “What if my computer got stolen or my child got my password ?”
*Thinks about “What could said person get into and what kind of “DAMAGE” can this cause in my life, money or even relationship wise ?”
Then after doing all the above steps. It may take longer, but trust me you’ll be a lot safer off and a lot less likely to get caught with your pants down.
Hope this helps all you guys out and please try to be safe and know that a little bit of protection goes a long way.
Till The Next Post,