(Last Updated Nov 27, 2009 @ 1:49 pm EST)
Hello everyone… I’m back and this time with more of a rip off scam then dangerous scam and this scam is called “The Counterfeit Goods Scam” “Leather Goods”
What is the “The Counterfeit Goods Scam ?” – This scam is all about greed and faking it in a way that very few people know the item is fake or it is so fake people will know from a mile away yet it will be for cheaper price.
So, what are the main problems with “The Counterfeit Goods Scam ” ?
Well there are a few issues right off the back. There is the idea you may be ripped off becuase the item is fake “So over paying for a non-authentic item” , Then there is the idea the item may not be safe becuase it was never tested for items like LEAD content or dangerous Beatrisa. Let me assure you these issue are not overwhelming in leather goods. But I have run in to belts that are more LEAD then leather.
Ok, here is a list of some of the many ways I’ve seen to spot a fake…..
1. Mis-spelled words on the product
2. Does not smell right (Ether way to strong of a leather smell or no smell at all)
3. Really cheap price like over 50% off (Pay attention to what is cheaper and why)
4. Being sold in a bulk bin style container
5. Does not have any tag (Real leather will tell you where it came from Via a tag. That is the law in the US and Canada)
**Thous are just some of the ways to spot a fake out there…
Ways to prevent getting caught up in this scam:
– Try to avoid buying leather goods from back alleys or out of a car trunks
– Feel the item and smell the item of interest
– If it is too cheap it may be a fake
– Do your research
– Know what size and colour the leather goods look like
– Ask friends or family if they have shopped there before
– Do a Google search on the item you wish to buy..See if the colour or shape match – You’ll be surprised what you can come up with and mistakes you can avoid.
If you guys have any question regarding this or any similar scam. Please to hesitate to comment or e-mail us @ email@example.com
DISCLAIMER: The Computer Savvy Weblog has no control over the ads Google decides to display on our blog/site. Due to the fact The Computer Savvy Weblog is using the free version of WordPress. Sorry for any inconvenience or possible mis-understandings this may of caused.