(Last Updated April 23rd, 2013 @ 3:55 pm EST) RC 6.0
Welcome To The Computer Savvy Weblog
Welcome to “The Computer Savvy Weblog”, also known as (CSW). This blog/site has been helping people since we opened our doors way back on May 1st, 2008. We here at the “The Computer Savvy Weblog” pride ourselves with giving out expert tips and advice on all things computer and or technology related. If any of you wish to request a subject or wish to comment. You can e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the comment section. Which is located at the bottom of every published post and or page.
DISCLAIMER: The Computer Savvy Weblog has no control over the ads Google decides to display on our blog/site. Due to the fact The Computer Savvy Weblog is using the free version of the WordPress blog platform. Sorry for any inconvenience or possible misunderstandings this may of caused anyone.
** If you are interested in what The Computer Savvy Weblog covers. Please scroll down for the full list.
***To View Any Of Our Membership Profiles. Please Click On The Members Name***
Editorial Note: (CSW) Membership Profiles Are Currently Offline. So they Can Be Re-formatted And Updated.
Blog Membership List :
Remy “Se7en” – Editor-In-Chief
Matt Stanyon – Managing Editor, Graphic Designer/Web Site Developer and Reviewer
William – News Editor And Senior Features Editor
Kirbe - Reviewer And Senior Features Editor
Danny “D.N.A” – Senior Feature Editor and Senior Reviewer
Nico – Senior Editor
Erin – Community Manager And Comment Moderator
Vacant Position - Junior Editor (Position Currently Available)
Vacant Position - Contributing Editor (Position Currently Available)
Vacant Position - Junior Editor (Position Currently Available)
Vacant Position - Contributing Editor (Position Currently Available)
(CSW’s) Late 2012-2013 Internship Student List :
Shawn – Assistant To Managing Editor (Matt)
Diana – Assistant To News Editor (William)
Hope – Assistant To Community Manager (Erin)
(CSW’s) Late 2012-2013 Co-op Student List :
Chris – Junior News Editor
Myranda – Junior Reviews Editor
Karen – Junior Features Editor
Current And Past (CSW) Guest Bloggers
- Andy Groaning
- Debra Johnson
- Lauren Bailey
- Mr. Random Also known as (Mister Random)
- Nate M.
The Computer Savvy Weblog List Of Past Membership And Honorable Mentions
- Holly “Wood”
- Mr. Random
- Nate M.
(Last Updated April 23rd, 2013 @ 3:55 pm EST) RC 6.0 MO
What Does The Computer Savvy Weblog Cover ?
Way back in late 2008 a reader e-mailed me and asked me “What does The Computer Savvy Weblog cover ?” So as always you guys ask for it, We are always more then happy to oblige your questions and or comments. So we figured it was only fair to give our readership/viewership the best list of what we do indeed actually cover. So here is the best list of what we do indeed cover. Either myself or one of my other blog membership will be updating this list as needed. As we are always adding and modifying what we review, cover and or support.
Some Of The Scams We Cover Are
- Foreign Bank Scams
- Foreign Lottery Scams
- PayPal Scams
- Hotmail Scams
- Real Bank Scams
- This is a Promotion Scam
- E-bay Scams
- Facebook Scams
- Mobile/Cell Phone Scams
- And many many more
FreeWare Programs That We Cover
- IObit Malware Fighter
- IObit Smart Defrag
- IObit Uninstaller
- Auslogic Disk Defrag
- AVG Free Anti-Virus 2013
- AVIRA Free Anti-Virus 2013
- Belarc Adviser
- Internet Explorer 9
- Internet Explorer 10
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- Mozilla FireFox 3.6.XX
- Mozilla FireFox 20.0
- Spybot – Search & Destroy
- SUPERAntiSpyware Free
- VLC Media Player
Free Andriod Apps That We Cover
- All-In-One Toolbox
- AVG AntiVirus FREE
- Battery HD
- Birthday Reminder
- BSPlayer FREE
- Call & SMS Stats
- Comic Shopper
- Corus Radio
- Easy Calculator
- Flashlight HD LED
- IMDb Movies & TV
- Simple Weight Recorder
- SleepBot – Sleep Cycle Alarm
- sms Blocker – AWARD WINNER
- SMS Backup & Restore
- The Weather Network
- WiFi Finder
Paid Andriod Apps That We Cover
Paid Software That We Cover
- Auslogic BoostSpeed 5.5
- AVG Internet Security 2012
- AVG Internet Security 2013
- IObit Malware Fighter Pro
- Regclean Pro
- SUPERAntiSpyware Professional
- Windows 2000
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
Survey Sites/Clubs That We Cover
- Angus Reid Survey Panel
- Greenfield Online
- Harris Poll Online
- NPD Online Research Panel
- OMD SnapShot Panel
- i-Say Survey Panel
- Opinion Outpost
- Survey Head
- Survey Lion
- Survey Savvy
- Toluna Survey Panel
- Web Perspectives
- Zoom Panel
Windows Sidebar Gadgets That We Cover
- All CPU Meter
- Core Temp
- Network Meter
FireFox Add-ons That We Cover
- Adblock Plus
- Autofill Forms
- AVG Do Not Track
- AVG Safe Search
- AVG Security Toolbar
- Canadian English Dictionary
- United States English Spellchecker
- WOT (Web Of Trust)
(Last Updated April 18th, 2013 @ 5:15 pm EST) RC 6.0 MO
The Computer Savvy Weblog Policies
Ever since we first opened our doors on May 1st, 2008. We have been getting both e-mails and comments about what are The Computer Savvy Weblog policies. So as always since you guys ask for it. We would be more then happy to oblige and share them with all you who are actually interested. So here is a complete break down of all our policy’s and procedures. So if you have any questions or need clarification on any of our policy’s or procedures. Please feel free to e-mail us @ email@example.com.
Common Computer Savvy Weblog Terms
(CSW) – Computer Savvy Weblog
Cred – Refers to credit for an article or for input giving.
EPD – Episode
TCSP – The Computer Savvy Perspective “Editorial Feature“
FMF’s – Fan Mail Friday’s “Feature“
Q+A – Questions & Answers “Feature“
WTF – What The F*ck “Feature“
RR 2.0 – Re-Written And Re-Posted as a 2.0 page or post compliant
RC 3.5 – Re-certified from past version of site and now approved as 3.5 page or post compliant
C 4.0 – Certified and approved as 4.0 page or post compliant
RC 4.0 - Re-certified from past version of the site and now approved as 4.0 page or post compliant
RR 4.0 – Re-Written And Re-Posted as a 4.0 page or post compliant
C 4.5 – Certified and approved as 4.5 page or post compliant
RC 4.5 – Re-certified from past version of the site and now approved as 4.5 page or post compliant
RR 4.5 – Re-Written And Re-Posted as a 4.5 page or post compliant
C 5.0 - Certified and approved as 5.0 page or post compliant
RC 5.0 – Re-certified from past version of the site and now approved as 5.0 page or post compliant
RC 5.0 MO – Re-Certified as a being site or post compliant For Mobile Devices Such as Smart Phones, Tables and other such devices.
RR 5.0 – Re-Written And Re-Posted as a 5.0 page or post compliant
C 5.3 – Certified and approved as 5.3 page or post compliant
RC 5.3 – Re-certified from past version of the site and now approved as 5.3 page or post compliant
RR 5.3 - Re-Written And Re-Posted as a 5.3 page or post compliant.
RC 5.3 MO – Re-Certified as a being site or post compliant For Mobile Devices Such as Smart Phones, Tables and other such devices.
RR 5.3 MO – Re-Written And Re-Posted as a 5.3 page or post compliant. Along with being optimized for mobile devices.
C 6.0 – Certified and approved as 6.0 page or post compliant
RC 6.0 – Re-certified from past version of the site and now approved as 6.0 page or post compliant
RR 6.0 - Re-Written And Re-Posted as a 6.0 page or post compliant.
RC 6.0 MO – Re-Certified as a being site or post compliant For Mobile Devices Such as Smart Phones, Tables and other such devices.
RR 6.0 MO – Re-Written And Re-Posted as a 6.0
Computer Savvy Weblog General Policies
1. Copy and Paste Policy – The Computer Savvy Weblog does not copy and paste. Unless it is stated in the post that the article is copy and pasted. All posts will then be altered by at least 80% from the original. Which then will add our original information and content.
1A. Internal Copy and Paste Policy – The Computer Savvy Weblog will at anytime cut and paste information from our older posts and or combine posts. The Computer Savvy Weblog will also sometimes use content from our other members blogs/websites. But only with the said members approval. At which time we can then publish said post or feature of said member.
1C. External Comment or E-mail Cred Policy – If The Computer Savvy Weblog receives a comment or e-mail with new information or links. The Computer Savvy Weblog will use the persons screen name, website or e-mail address to give them proper cred provided it is not information that we already have posted. Regardless of time line or version code of said information.
1CC. Cred Exclusion Policy – The Computer Savvy Weblog will not give cred for stealing our information or if somebody is just trying to promote their own blog or website. That includes cutting and pasting from any of our posts / features / News from any of our memberships posts, pages or features.
2. Weekly Blog Update Policy – Every week on Sunday. There will be a full Blog Update with a whole number such as the following (Blog Update #888) This blog update may include previews of some, if not all the features/ new and or reviews of the coming week. The blog update may also set up time lines for future projects.
**All blog updates after Blog Update #122. Will contain contain the top post in each category such as News, Reviews and Features.
2A. Post Updating Policy – If at anytime one of the admins and or writers wish to alter the original post (ie, spelling, grammar, formatting, content updating. They will inform be required to contact Remy , Matt or Erin just prior to the post or feature edit.
2B. Page Updating Policy – If at anytime one of the admins and or writers wish to alter the original post (ie, spelling, grammar, formatting, content updating. They will post the date like this (Last Updated Oct 21, 2008 @ 7:46 pm EST) The colour may be different, but the information will contain the same information and all time will be in EST time. Due to the fact the head office is in CANADA.
2B. Blog Progress Update Policy – We will do a full blog update (Blog Update ###) once a week and if there is required another small update or updates in the same week it will look like this (Blog Update ###.5 , Blog Update ###.5.5 , Blog Update ###.5.5.5 ,
3. Blog Comment Reply Policy – We will respond to all comments in 12 to 72 hours after the comment has been received. Provided that address does not spam (CSW).
3A. Received Comment Swearing Policy – We may respond to said comment. But we will not post them on the site. Sorry
3B. Received Comment Link Policy – If we receive a link to a website or blog. That is not appropriate, is unsolicited, trying to spam “The Computer Savvy Weblog” or is dangerous to the (CSW) readership. Will be removed leaving only the comment.
3C. Received Comments With Advertising or Over The Top Promotion Of Websites And Or Blogs - The Computer Savvy Weblog will not post or approve comments with advertising. Nor will it allow websites or blogs promoting themselves in the form of a comment. (CSW) will deal with each comment situation as they arise. But reserve the right to remove any offending links or e-mail address.
3D. Received Comment Over Use Of CAPS LOCK Policy – Anyone who writes a comment in response to any post or feature written by any member or guest of (CSW). Who over use capital letters or leaves On CAPS LOCK on for the bulk of their comment. Will have their comment removed.
3F. Received Comment Inconsistency Policy – Anyone who writes a comment in response to any post or feature written by any member or guest of (CSW). That contains gibberish or is found to be inconsistent with the content that the post or feature is written about. Will be warned first or removed completely. The final decision is up to said comment moderator or community manager.
**Basically meaning we will not post e-mail address, full name, IP address, and or contents of the e-mail. Unless we receive permission from the sender of said e-mail and provided it does not infringe on any of the other Computer Savvy Weblog policies.
5A. Scammers Database Policy (Hotmail Scam) – We will be updating our list/database once a month. Provided we have new e-mail address to add.
5B. Scammers Database Policy (Paypal) – We will be updating our list/database once a month. Provided we have new e-mail address to add.
6. Scammers Database Received E-mail Policy – We will do user generated updates. When we receive enough scam mail address to do so.
7. Internal Swearing Policy – The Computer Savvy Weblog will only use short forms like “WTF” or F*ck. That will also includes all of the Computer Savvy Weblog blog membership. (Unless other wise indicated such as in our Short Form Dictionary)
7A. Internal Swearing Exception Policy – The Computer Savvy Weblog will only use swear words when disclosed at the beginning of the post or feature. This also applies to all (CSW) blog membership.
8. Non-Computer Savvy Related Advertisement Policy – The Computer Savvy Weblog has no control over the ads Google decides to display on our blog/site. Due to the fact that The Computer Savvy Weblog is using the free version of WordPress.
9. The Computer Savvy Weblog Related Advertisement Policy - This may includes any and all approved internal advertisement such as blog updates, blog membership websites or blogs. Also included in this are any and all links to products we have reviewed only to the point. That you may see it for yourself and decide to buy it or not to buy it.
Computer Savvy Weblog Reviews Policies
1. Review Time Frame Policy – The Computer Savvy Weblog normally takes between 1 to 2 weeks to review most Software and or Hardware -There maybe some minor exception to this policy. Not disclosed above-
2. Software/Hardware Reviews Policy – We here at The Computer Savvy Weblog only review legally obtained software and or hardware. -No Exceptions-
3. The One Company Non-Exclusivity Policy – The Computer Savvy Weblog will generally not review the same companies software or hardware 2 or more weeks in a row. -Minor exceptions such as AVG, SUPERAntiSpyware and or Malware Fighter.
4. Promotional Product Policy – We here at The Computer Savvy Weblog will only use the promotional product as specified.
4A. Promotional Product Registration Policy – All promotional copies of software most be registration with our firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail address. And not under anyone one of our membership.
5. Review Sneak Peek Policy – We try to provided a sneak peek at our reviews. But only the first review after the contract has been agreed upon. Any other sneak peeks after that point will be at the posters discretion.
6. Review Advertisement Policy – We advertise all our further coming reviews via our weekly Sunday blog update. -We highly recommend you allow us to do that. But it is to the contracting company to decline said policy-
7. Review Day Posting Policy – We generally post all our major reviews Wednesday and Thursday (After the Sunday blog update) -On the rare occasion, If the review is very detailed or if it requested we can post said review on ether Friday or Saturday of that same week-
8. Serial Key or Code Policy - We here at The Computer Savvy Weblog will use all serial keys / codes received as specified. This includes the computers or number of licensed and or number of computers users.
9. Extra Serial Key Policy – We here at The Computer Savvy Weblog will only use what serial keys / codes we need to do the review. And any extra serial keys / codes will be returned unless the company says other wise (Via E-mail, Skype and or over the phone)
Computer Savvy Weblog Link Exchange Policies
1. Types of Blogs/Sites Subject Matter We Accept – Technology, Scam busting sites, Survey Reviewing Sites -We have a very strict. -No direct advertisement blogs or site trying to hard or suggestive selling-
2. Type of Content Accepted – Must be informational or for resource use
3. Trial Time Frames Available – 24hrs , 1 week, 3 weeks, 1 month and 1 year -From date of acceptance e-mail- (Must also have The Computer Savvy Weblog Link active on there site/blog as well)
4. Automatic Link Removal Policy – If your blog/site contrives any of our policies. Removes our link, Changes topic of blog/site, Blog becomes inactive or is taken down. Starts practices download linking or swapping of any kind. Becomes a pay site. Decides to post any (CSW) content without express written permission from the (CSW) admin.
Link Exchange Policy Exceptions
A. You belong to The Computer Savvy Weblog Team – If it is not related to our content. Then it will only appear in your Blog Membership Profile.
B. You have a Software or Hardware review contract with us – But only if the other company link exchanges with us as well.