BSPlayer FREE (1.13.165)
Cost Of App: Free (Google Play App Store)
Is there a paid upgrade option ?: No. But, I wish there was even if it’s just to remove the ads.
App Description: (See Below)
BSPlayer FREE is top hardware accelerated video player for Android smartphones and tablet PCs.
- Android 4.4 KitKat compatibility
– multi-core (dual and quad-core) HW decoding support – significantly improves playback speed
– background playback in popup window (long tap on button Back to playback video and audio in popup video)
– hardware accelerated video playback – increases speed and reduces battery consumption*
– Support for almost all media files (video and audio player), such as: avi, divx, flv, mkv, mov, mpg, mts, mp4, m4v, rmvb, wmv, 3gp, mp3, flac… and streaming content such as RTMP, RTSP, MMS (tcp, http), HTTP Live stream, HTTP.
– Multiple audio streams and subtitles.
– Playlist support and various playback modes.
– External and embedded subtitles ssa/ass, srt, sub. txt…
– Find subtitles automatically (mobile data or wi-fi must be enabled to work)
– Playback media files such as videos and mp3’s directly via Wi-Fi from your network shared drives/folders (such as external USB drives, Samba (SMB/CIFS) shared drives, PC shared folders, NAS servers (Synology and others)) – no need to convert video files and copy media files to SD card anymore!
– Playback files directly from uncompressed RAR files
– Lock screen to prevent accidental change of videos (children lock)
– support for USB OTG (On-The-Go) for example: Nexus media importer, USB OTG Helper, USB Host Controller… and much more!
This package includes support for ARMv7 with VFP and NEON. For other CPU types please download appropriate package. Application will notify you which package you need.
BSPlayer FREE version is ad-supported video player. BSPlayer full version without advertisements with added functionality is available on Google Play.
Are there in App ads ?: Yes, rather annoying actually.
A. Ease Of Use: 4/5 – Super easy to use and set up. But you most have a media file to view to see the full BSPlayer (GUI) Graphical User Interface.
B. Security: No impact to smart phone or tablet security
C. Usefulness: 5/5 – Extremely useful and very easy to use. It has many useful features that can be used. It is one of the most user friendly and wide ranging use of different types of compatible useful media file types.
D. Smart phone Slowdown: Depends on the Smart phone. But I noticed that there can be some serious lag. This lag can be minimized if your file is on your SDHD card. Instead of streaming it or running it off of a USB device.
E. Tablet Slow Down: No lag, that I noticed.
F. Type Of User I Would Recommend To Use This App: I recommend this app to anyone who wants to play media files. Video files in particular without having to look for a bunch of different codecs or worrying about downloading a virus.
Till The Next Review,