SMS Backup & Restore (5.9.5)
Cost Of App: Free (Google Play App Store)
Is there a paid upgrade option ?: Yes
App Description: (See Below)
A simple App to Backup and Restore SMS Messages.
SMS Backup & Restore is a simple Android app that backs up and restores your phone’s text messages.
- Backup SMS Messages in XML format.
- Choose a scheduled time to automatically backup.
- Backup format is independent of the Android version so the messages can be easily moved from one phone to another, irrespective of the Android version.
- Option to select which conversations to backup.
- View/Restore all Messages or only selected conversations.
- Delete all SMS Messages on the Phone.
- Email a backup file.
- Automatically Email or Upload to Dropbox using the Add-On app.
- The XML can then be converted to other formats, and can also be viewed on a computer.
Please note that this app does not support MMS (Picture/Audio/Video) messages.
This app is ad-supported and requires the Internet permissions to display the Ads.
If you do not want ads the they can be disabled from preferences or you can buy the paid version from the Market.
On newer phones with inbuilt storage the default backup location will probably be the internal storage card and not the external.
This is because the phone reports the storage that way.
If you intend to do a factory reset on the phone, please make sure you save/email a copy of the backup outside the phone before doing it.
Are there in App ads ?: No
A. Ease Of Use: 5/5 – Very simple one button touch interface
B. Security: No impact to smart phone security
C. Usefulness: 4/5 – Never lose that phone number or address you were text-ed way back in the day. Instead back it up. I woudl highly advise downloading this app if you are one of thous people who forget special events or receive a lot of text message reminders from your wife, husband, girlfriend or boyfriend (Or just plain friend).
D. Smart phone Slowdown: No lag
E. Type Of User I Would Recommend To Use This App: It’s very useful for anyone who texts a lot and want to keep a proper time line. Or if you don’t want to have pages of text messages on your phone. Instead back it up and start off a new. I found it very useful to store my x-girlfriends texts in back up. Just in case I want to remind myself why we broke up. It also helps not having your X’s texts on your phone while you are going out with someone new.
Till The Next Review,