AA. Cost: Free (But, there is a paid version as well)
1. Ease Of Use – Extremely easy to use. Once setup has been completed (AKA registration (Sign-up), mic, headset, webcam setup has been set and adjusted.)
1A. Interface - Very simple, clean and straight forward
2. Quality Of Program – Skype has improved yet again. HD Audio quality has been improved, HD web cam support has been improved and now there is even better screen sharing options.
3. Speed of Sign-in – A lot slower then past versions. Even after you have completed your Skype setup.
4. Can you run other programs while running Skype ? Yes
5. Can you leave Skype running without issue ? Yes
6. Is there adware or spyware bundled with it ? Nope, but there are some ads now that pop-up. I don’t really have any big issues with them (But they are rather large). But it can be bothersome to some user. Who are not use to thous types of ads.
7. Is Skype Stable ? Yes, there is no question Skype is a very stable program. But it does depend a lot on the stability and quality of your Internet connection.
I give Skype an overall score of 4.5 out of 5 – I truly believe once you go Skype you don’t go back. Skype is truly better then it’s competition. It annihilates MSN, ICQ , Yahoo and even programs such as team speak.
***I have had some reports of Skype being choppy and audio quality being very poor. When connecting to someone with an out of date version of Skype. In fact I had such bad issues with my audio quality. I had to e-mail or phone my mates and ask them to upgrade to this version. Thankfully after they upgrade we no longer had any more audio or video quality issues.
On A Side Note: In some cases there is still a need for programs such as team speak. When you are dealing with MMO’s. But since I don’t and I also don’t par-take in Facebook. I don’t feel I need anything other then Skype. (And in some very rare cases Windows Live Messenger. When my friends don’t have Skype.)
If you wish to download Skype please use the following link: http://www.skype.com/download/skype/windows/
Till The Next Review,