- Sometimes good Torrents are really really hard to find
- Sometimes it can take hours, days, weeks to download a file and or files. All will depend on your connection speed, the size of the file and the souring of the torrent and or torrents you are using.
- There can be some serious virus issues
- Depending on your Internet connection. You can use all your bandwidth for the whole house or business network without evening knowing it.
- Some options require you to be rather Computer/Internet Savvy person
- Setting up µTorrent for optimal performance can take some trial and error.
- You can encounter “Disk Overloaded 100% glitch“. This is where you download will bottom out and may even stop altogether. This can take anywhere from minutes to many hours to get a solid download rate going again.
- You can encounter “Disk Flushing glitch“. This is where you download will stop with between 0.01% to 5% download not completed. This will require you to stop the torrent then remove the torrent. Then close down µTorrent. Then re-start µTorrent. Now drag and drop the torrent file again and let it re-check what you haev actually downloaded. After that then the download should show the correct % complete.
- Simple to use
- There is a ton of customization options wise
- App add-ons
- Very easy to set download caps and bandwidth caps. So you don’t go over by accident
- Very easy to use Internet connection guide
- Files are generally pretty darn safe. Provided you know what files types you are looking for and or planning to download. (And with the Torrents with positive feedback/ also know as the Green comments)
- Way better then the bulk of their competition
- Very slick/clean interface
- Very light on resources (Both Ram and CPU)
- Provided you use a good torrent site, you can get some stellar file sourcing.
- You can find some pretty rare files, movies, music and or books
- Very decent download speeds for most torrents
- Very easy to change ports on the fly
- Can download any type of files you could ever possibly want.
- Can download multiple files at a time
- Can download huge files of several 100 gigs with ease.
- Has bandwidth and sourcing encryption
Overall Score 4 out of 5 – Provided you are using a good torrent source such as ISOHUNT. You should be able to find pretty much anything you could ever want. But be very careful some Torrents can have some very nasty virus hidden inside them. So please use the Torrent Positive/Negative comment rule (If it is green it is a go). So if there is no feedback or negative also known as RED feedback posted for that torrent. Then whatever you do don’t download said torrent. If you do decide to download anyways you would be asking for a possible virus issues.
On the other hand if there are a bunch of positive comments (Green Comments/Positive + Score). Then you should be good, but I tend to read the comments even if there are a lot of positive comments. Just to air on the safe side.
Here Is The Link To Download µTorrent (3.1.3): http://www.utorrent.com/
Till The Next Review,